Did you know that the company Reminisce is having a contest for their Design Team? Well I sure did!!! Here are some of the items that I have been creating with the awesome lines that I had previously won from another one of their contest. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Having their new lines and adding them to my scrappy suppies has been a dream come true.
I used the Shades of Autumn collection for the Fall Centerpiece that I created. This is a really neat way to showcase so many aspects of the collection. First I collected branches from the back yard (free resources!) Then I had picked up a container from Hobby Lobby when they had their 90% off clearance!!! (another good deal) I tore that little container apart and used pattern papers and stickers to decorate. I then found some coordinating glass ornaments and knew exactly how to decorate those. The beautiful fall colors on the rub ons and the stickers make a nice decoation to any table as a center piece.
The second altered item is my Fligh of Fantasy Birdhouse. This is using the Reminisce Girly Girl line. The little butterflies and flowers are such a cute design and so easy to add to your creations. With this wooden birdhouse, I covered it in the little bitty polka dots papers that are on the flip side. (YAY 2 sided papers) The best part about the Reminisce papers is that they are so versitle. Bright vibrant colors with gimmer and sheen can also be turned into a shabby chic look by adding a little white wash to the pages. For the little flowers on the bird house I actually hand cut them out from the pattern papers. BUT.........you sure could have used their glittery stickers and the wonderful rub ons in many different ways. Stacked buttons help to create dimension for each of the flowers.
The last collection that I have used is the Witches Brew Collection. I love the fun and funky line. It is traditional in so many ways but with fun twist to the pattern papers and rubons. For my little "BOO" sign I used a couple of different patterns from the line and took advantage of the 2 side of the papers. Adding the rub ons and some cute little sticker spiders really pulls this all together. Because I want this cute little number to last forever, I used mod podge on top of the entire sign so that the wear and tear will be minimal.
If you would like to check out the Reminisce DT contest you can check it all out here
on their blog http://www.reminisce.typepad.com/
Mixed Media Spring Time Art Tag
6 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment