Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Feb Reveal and a few new layouts

Well Serendipity finally had it's reveal of their new design team and I have to say that I am always excited but it is so much work!!! I have been really busy getting everything in order so that it is easy for the incoming DT to take over where the outgoing DT stops.

I really haven't had much time to do a whole bunch of scrapping but I do have some FEB reveals of some kits for you. These kits were so much fun to work with. Both kits that I got to play with have very new papers.

Here are a couple of layouts that was created with the altered kit. The altered kit has a really cute worded mini album for you to create but Kristen always packs the kits so full that you can continue creating even after using everything for the altered item.

This first layout is of my hubby Earl and my oldest son Trevor. They are so much a like it is unreal. Hence the name Carbon Copy!!! I loved creating this layout. I really wanted to try some of the rolled paper look on a layout and this really took the not so masculine papers and made them appear masculine.



The next layout is of my sweet boy Mason. This was the first day of school for the older boys and he was the only one that got left behind. He was longing and wishing that he could go to school with them. Only a few more years buddy!!!

The only items that I added extra was the Liquid Applique. This stuff is awesome and gives the layout so much dimension. It's kind of like puffy paint. I actually added it directly to the flowers on the base paper to make them pop just a little. I also added the pom pom ribbon for a nice touch.



And just because I love this layout and had so much fun doing it, I just have to share. This layout came from the Just Enough Please Feb Kit that will be for sale on Feb 1st. This coming Friday. This is Brayden meeting his Aunt Emily and his Grandma Cindy for the first time.



I used some packing from something that I got for Christmas to make the background. Take the white paint and cover a plate. Then drop coordiating colors in a random fashion on top of the white paint. Press the packing into the paint and then press it on to your cardstock. This makes a wonderful textured background. Then I just embellished it with a little cut work. Cut work is a girls best friend when it comes to working with kits and creating layouts.

Well that's it for today. The rest of the layouts that the Design Team has put together with the feb kits can be seen in the Serendipity Gallery on the first of each month. The link is to the right.

Happy Scrapping!

Stacey

8 comments:

Unknown said...

The rolled paper looks so neat!

I really love that last layout with the painted background...it is fabulous. Going to try that technique this weekend, I hope! Thanks for the inspiration!

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE your pages, such sweet pics of the baby!!! oh sooo tiny...makes me want one too. Love the wishful page colors on a boy LO!!! great job as always

Nessa said...

Wow the kits look awesome! Love your layouts! Especially love the title carbon copy! Too cute :)

scrappermimi said...

Your LO's are alway so great! I just love how you used the bubble wrap techique, it is one of my favorites!
Hope things slow down for you a bit!

ellen s. said...

i love your layouts! they are always awesome. that bubble wrap is awesome

Michele Kovack said...

Very cool LO's!

Christi said...

Braden looks excited to meet the family...lol! He is like whoo hoo I can't wait to have my cheeks squeeze! Gorgeous layouts Stacey!!

Christi said...

Ok so that wasn't Braden it was Mason! I'm reading the blog all wrong! I need more sleep!